
I think I mentioned in the last post that I haven't yet uncovered any examples of the books that I am looking at for this project being suppressed or challenged in Australia. This made me peruse the interwebs and I have stumbled across some interesting things.
- The Banned in Australia project is a separately published work within AustLit Database, that we have access through at Swinburne. It collects information on books that have been banned or restricted by under the Trade and Customs Act of 1901.
- Banned Books in Australia: from moral crusader to national security was a story on ABC radio's The Book Show in 2007. The podcast is also online. The presenter and her guests discuss literature that has been banned here as recently as 2006. This is worth a listen or read.
If I find anything else of interest I'll post it here.

This image was opened in a new window from the original site then copied and pasted directly into this blog post.
- The following has been taken from Failblog.org It's not strictly suppressed literature in the same way that other books mentioned in this blog are but due to a typo, this particular version has become suppressed all the same. Good one Penguin Australia.
This is blog is the funniest. Definately worth checking out.

This image was opened in a new window from the original site then copied and pasted directly into this blog post.
I am loving your blog Susan! It looks wonderful, you are doing all the bells and whistles beautifully and it's fascinating stuff! You're organised, systematic and using a great range of resources. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDeleteIf I could ask you to please let me know through the assignments tab that you are ready to be assessed for Task 2.
Thanks